Many of our members enjoy the flexibility of taking additional time off to spend with family or to travel! At Maritime Travel, Part Time or Seasonal members enjoy the same seniority as Full Time members.
Here’s how it works:
- Take the summer months off June through August and the month of December when customer demand is lowest ; you may be eligible for employment insurance if you have worked the required amount of hours
prior to your summer leave.
- Work part time (15-30 hours /week pending branch need ) during the shoulder months Sept through November and April through May; and
- Work full time (37.5 hours/week) during the months January through to the beginning of March Break when customer demand is high.
Members shall enjoy all benefits and…
- During the summer months when the employee is not working, the company will absorb 100% of the employee group insurance premium
- During the months the employee is working part time, the premium will be reduced based on the hours worked relative to full time with the company absorbing the balance. Group coverage will remain the same throughout all months worked.
Averaging Your Pay
You will be shown what impact your flexible part time work schedule will have on your gross and net pay. You could choose to average your pay while maintaining the flexibility in your scheduled hours. Choosing to average your pay could be done at the start of your scheduled work with Maritime Travel or at a specified period of time.